OGMA asks members to write MPPs for Prompt Payment campaign
December 14, 2016 By OGMA
Dec. 14, 2016 – As you know, the Attorney General has announced that the Government will introduce prompt payment legislation in spring 2017, as recommended under the Construction Lien Act Review Report. The voices of all Ontario construction-families have been heard. Prompt payment legislation will help trade contractors and suppliers to run businesses with more certainty, provide more competitive bids and meet financial responsibilities in a timely fashion.
While this is a step in the direction of a more promising future for the construction industry, let’s ensure they get it right the first time. We need your help to reach out to your local Member of Provincial Parliament (MPP). Prompt Payment Ontario is embarking on a campaign to keep prompt payment legislation top of mind for every Member of Provincial Parliament. The template of the letter for this electronic campaign is attached for your information.
The OGMA is asking all of its members to submit a letter to their local MPP. The process for submitting the letter will only take you a minute and is as follows:
- Click on the link which will take you to the PPO website: ontariopromptpayment.com.
- On the top banner click on “voice your support” (desktop) or scroll down until you see “Click here to write your MPP” (cell phone).
- Click on the link and it will open a new tab and ask for the writer’s address or postal code. Once that information is submitted the MPP for that address will be shown.
- The web app will then ask for writer’s name and full address. It will also give the option of signing your name by using the mouse.
- The next page will show your name address and will allow you to preview the letter that you are sending. It will also ask for your email if you want a copy of the letter for your records. Then hit ‘SEND”.
If you prefer, you can click here to download the form letter to send to your MPP.
Anyone can send in a letter, not just the business owner. This would include employees, family and friends. Please forward this on to them and ask them to e-write their MPP.
For more information
Print this page
Leave a Reply