CGA hosts record breaking AGM
June 9, 2015 By Canadian Glass Association
June 9, 2015 – The Canadian Glass Association hosted its Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Wednesday, June 3, 2015, at the CGA Glass Connections Conference in Saskatoon, SK. Filled to maximum capacity, it was the largest AGM the Association has held to date.
Keeping with the theme of record breaking, the Association also almost doubled the size of its Board of Directors, increasing from 6 to 10 members. The increase was due solely to interested participants who want to continue the growth and direction of the Association, and each will serve a two year term.
Board of Directors/Company/Provincial Association Representing
- Jim Brady, Desa Glass, Canadian Glass Association
- Angelo Cairo, Stouffville Glass, Inc., Ontario Glass and Metal Association
- Dennis Haatvedt, Architectural Glass and Metal Contractors Association, Architectural Glass and Metal Contractors Association
- Mike Higgins, Economy Glass, Atlantic Provinces Glazing Association
- Chris Johnson, Lenmak Exterior Innovations, Provincial Glaziers Association of Alberta
- Garry Parsons, Desa Glass, Provincial Glaziers Association of Alberta
- Wes Penteliuk, Penwest Sales, Inc., Glass Dealers Association of Saskatchewan
- Doug Trenholm, Economy Glass, Atlantic Provinces Glazing Association
- Richard Verdon, RSVP Agency, Ontario Glass and Metal Association
- Brent Wihlidal, Glacier Glass Service Ltd., Glass Dealers Association of Saskatchewan
The new Board also elected its officer for the next two years.
- Chris Johnson, President
- Richard Verdon, Vice President
- Dennis Haatvedt, Treasurer
- Brent Wihlidal, Secretary
Due both to the active participation of association members, and the new individuals who are interested in growing the glass and glazing industry in Canada, the CGA has a host of notable achievements that it shared with the membership.
- Joining the GANA Glazing Industry Code Committee, which will provide CGA a voice and vote on code issues relating to the industry.
- Re-establishment of the CGA Technical Committee. The Committee will work on code positions within GICC, along with working on other technical issues as they arise in the Association.
- Collaborating with GANA to provide CGA members the ability to attend GANA events at a reduced rate.
- Working with the provincial associations to connect each other and the work that they do to serve all of Canada.
- Access to GANA manuals at a reduced rate, providing a CGA member rate and a non-member rate.
For more information
Print this page
Leave a Reply