OGMA issues call for Awards of Excellence nominations
Jan. 26, 2017 – The Board of Directors of the Ontario Glass and Metal Association is pleased to announce that nominations are now being received for the 2017 Awards for Excellence. There are two awards, one for Excellence in Architectural Glass & Metal Design and one for Excellence in Architectural Glass & Metal Execution.
The Awards for Excellence are annual awards that recognize excellence in the design and execution of a building that incorporates the use of architectural glass and metal. One award will be presented in each category (DESIGN and EXECUTION).
The awards competition opens in January of each year. Any member of the OGMA in good standing may submit as many nominations as they wish. Projects nominated will be reviewed by a panel of judges consisting of one OGMA Director and two practicing architects.
Submissions for nominations must include a minimum of 10 photographs of the nominated project and a comprehensive description of between 200 and 500 words. Submissions should be sent in digital format, accompanied by high resolution, print-quality photos.
The following criteria must be met in order for a project to be considered in either category:
- Nominations must be made on the official nomination form, which must be completely filled out.
- The project must be located within the Province of Ontario.
- The project architect must be registered with the OAA.
- The glazing contractor must be registered as a business in Ontario.
- The project must have been completed within the last five years.
- Nominations must be made by a member in good standing of the Ontario Glass & Metal Association; however, the glazing contractor and the architectural/design firm need not be.
- Members are not restricted in the number of nominations submitted.
- The project must incorporate glazing systems from North American manufacturers.
- Projects nominated need not be large; nominations can be made for portions of a project.
Nominations will be judged upon:
- Unique, pleasing or complex design or features.
- Level of difficulty in design.
- Level of difficulty in execution and the quality of fabrication and installation, as indicated in the photos provided.
- Incorporation of elements of sustainable design.
The architectural firm and glazing contractor selected to receive an award will be notified on March 31, 2017.
The awards will be presented at the Top Glass Conference on April 20, 2017. Award recipients are encouraged to attend the show to receive their award and to present the highlights of the winning nominations to show attendees.
For more information