Ontario glaziers reach agreement on new ICI contract
July 4, 2022 ByPatrick Flannery
The International Union of Painters and Allied Trades (IUPAT) and the Architectural Glass and Metal Contractors Association (AGMCA) reached an agreement on a new contract for unionized glaziers working under the Ontario Provincial ICI Construction Collective Agreement on June 29, ending a strike that began on June 13.
The AGMCA posted the following summary of the new agreement on its website:
A new three (3) year Provincial ICI Construction Collective Agreement has been ratified by both Employers and Employees signatory to the AGMCA and IUPAT Ontario ICI Construction Agreement.
|Total Package Increase|
|Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton||Total $7.00 over three years|
|All other locals||Total $6.50 over three years|
Subject to conditions, the following are a few negotiated changes to the Agreement:
- Improvement of ratio of apprentices to journeypersons (2:1)
- Easing of certain restrictions on Province wide mobility
- Movement on language in respect to caulking
- Chargehands increase to $5.00 per hour
- Leadhands increase to $1.50 per hour
- Elected safety representative to receive $0.50 per hour
- Increases to Toronto Area Zone allowances (breakdown to follow)
- Paid parking with valid receipt to a maximum of $10 daily
IUPAT noted the vote was 73 percent in favour of acceptance.
Print this page