"With the expansion of the Stratford manufacturing location, this allows Vicwest to amalgamate their Ontario based operations into one centralized location," said Bernard Lewis, Senior Vice President of Operations at Vicwest. "Currently, the industrial mills have been operating from our Oakville, Ontario location. This buildout will allow for the Oakville mills to be moved to the expanded Stratfordfacility. The Oakville offices will be moving to a new facility in Burlington at the beginning of Q2 2018."
The move of the equipment from the Oakville facility to the expanded Stratfordlocation is a strategic one, positioning Vicwest to continue to further bring quality and innovative products to our customers. Streamlining the manufacturing to one central location will provide the opportunity for our products to ship from one centralized location, versus a second pick up.
The "Stratford Centre of Excellence" expansion is designed for maximum efficiency and output and will boast the following:
- Optimized floor space achieved through lean manufacturing principles;
- Increased mill operations speed as a result of VF drives and Servo controls;
- Lean principles applied to material flow from loading to shipping, enhancing overall efficiencies by reducing time and costs;
- Automated stackers at the end of mills; and
- Future automated wrapping of materials.
For over 85 years Vicwest has been in the building industry providing quality manufacturing solutions coast-to-coast across Canada. Our strategy will continue to focus on touching the areas that affect all of us where we live, work and play.
"We thank all of our customers for their continued support and look forward to working with you, Building for Tomorrow."
For more information