OGMA webinar: Government Funding Programs with Bonnie KoabelPrint this page
April 29, 2021
Due to COVID-19 and our inability to get out and participate in seminars in person, the OGMA is happy to be able to bring you the next best thing in the form of webinars. This webinar is on government grants available to you and how to go about getting them. This session, the second of two, focuses on Marketing & Website, R&D, and Utility Funding Programs that should be of particular interest to our manufacturing members.
Bonny Koabel CPA, CGA, is the President of AKR Consulting Canada Inc. Bonny has been successful in getting millions of dollars in grants from many government sources for manufacturers and contractors in the glazing industry as well as other business types.
To register in advance for this meeting, CLICK HERE. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Marketing and Website Funding Programs:
- Digital Marketing Fund – Funding is available for website redesign for markets outside of Canada and includes webpages translates into another language to qualify. Funding is also available for Digital Marketing. Funding is 75% up to $75,000. We need to apply at least 8 weeks before the project starts.
- Website Development/Enhancement and SEO Funding – Funding is available in Ontario for up to $2,500 for developing or upgrading a website or implementing an SEO strategy. Funding recipients may apply again the following year for funding and may use the vendor of their choice.
- SR&ED Tax Credit Program – SR&ED is Canada’s largest funding program providing $3 billion annually to 20,000 companies across Canada. Funding is for R&D activities performed at a company that leads to new technical knowledge gained by the company. Knowledge does not need to be groundbreaking for the industry but it should be groundbreaking for the company. Companies are able to apply for funding annually.
Utility Funding Programs:
- Canadian Action Improvement Fund – This a $1.485 billion fund that opened in July 2019. Funding was confirmed for 3 years at the time. Funding covers any energy efficiency upgrades to manufacturing companies. Funding is 25% of project costs up to $250,000. Funding covers purchases of upgraded machinery; retrofits to equipment; heating, ventilation and air conditioning upgrades; adding solar panels; glazing; insulation; window upgrades; and adding building automation systems.
- Commercial Facade Funding – Funding is available in many cities for companies looking to upgrade the exterior of their building. Funding coverage new doors, new windows, new signage, painting, cladding, addition of awnings, and brick cleaning. Average funding is 50%, up to $10,000.
- Energy Reduction Rebates – Funding is available for Electricity and Natural Gas Reduction projects including air conditioning, boiler, and furnace projects.
- LED Retrofits Rebates – Lighting retrofits provide a rebate on upgrading your lighting system to be more efficient. Companies benefit from having reduced hydro bills moving forward. ROI for most LED retrofits is under 2 years.
Visit event's website
Print this page