Energy efficiency in four colours
By Patrick Flannery
June 11, 2009 – Allmetal continues to push the
envelope on innovation and technology with the design of the Energy
Star rated Stainless Steel Air Spacer.
June 11, 2009 – Allmetal continues to push the envelope on innovation and technology with the design of the Energy Star rated Stainless Steel Air Spacer. Recognizing the vital role of insulated glass in the global energy challenge, the Energy Star program, established in 1992, acknowledges products that have contributed large gains in energy efficiency and pollution reduction, and that influence and expand the market for greener manufacturing.
The Energy Star program rated the Stainless Steel Air Spacer based on:
• UV factors and how well the spacers prevent heat from escaping buildings
• Solar Heat Gain Coefficient, or how well a product blocks heat from the sun
Available in four colours, black, white, gray, and bronze, Allmetal’s Air Spacer has a worldwide usage of over 150 million meters per year and growing. In addition to the environmental advantages, the Stainless Steel Air Spacer has set itself apart from the competition in a variety of ways. Advantages include:
• Better expansion and contraction
• Flexibility in manufacturing
• Gas retention and MVT rates
• Versatile for corner key and bending applications
• As an inorganic separator, SST doesn’t react to coatings
• Ideal for both residential and commercial applications