Positive atmosphere in glass industry reflected in strong registrations: Glasstec
June 30, 2016 By Messe Dusseldorf
June 30, 2016 – At glasstec, International Trade Fair for Glass Production, Processing, Products, the sectors’ leading international companies have confirmed their participation. With the strong exhibitor registrations three months before the start of the event, the number of exhibitors and occupied exhibit space already exceeds previous events’ levels (at the last staging of glasstec in 2014, 1,217 companies occupied 652,300 square feet). glasstec 2016 will take place from September 20 – 23, 2016 at the fairgrounds in Düsseldorf, Germany.
“The glass industry is undergoing changes and we are consistently keeping up with these changes. Technological developments determine the sector, new glass qualities are launched and open up new fields of application such as smart and touch functions. glasstec 2016 will again cover the entire range of possibilities and innovations,” stated Joachim Schäfer, Managing Director of Messe Düsseldorf.
The glasstec 2016 exhibitor database is now online and the ticket shop is also open: http://www.glasstec-online.com/
Exhibitors take advantage of the international attendance at glasstec to expand their business contacts. Marc Everling, Head of Communications at AGC Interpane, expects this year’s event to bring a further increase in international visitor attendance: “glasstec is the unrivalled trade fair highlight in 2016 for AGC Interpane and also provides an outstanding opportunity to present ourselves to an ever more international audience with innovative products and a new trade fair appearance. We look forward to a successful event.”
glasstec 2016 will feature a comprehensive ancillary program of special shows, events, congresses and information forums. One of the highlights will be the special show “glass technology live” (gtl). With the title “Future – Glass – Performance” spectacular exhibits, innovative products and pioneering solutions for the next 3 to 5 years will be presented in Hall 11. The special show will again be organized by Prof. Stefan Behling, Senior Executive Partner at Foster & Partners in London, and the team of the IBK 2 Institute for Building Construction of the Stuttgart University (Germany). The focus will be on free-form, ultra-thin, solid and informative glass, giving architects and planners inspirations for new application possibilities while also showcasing all the new applications for further developed glass products.
“glass technology live“ will be accompanied by a high-caliber technical symposium with a multitude of lectures on current topics. Participation is free for all glasstec visitors. International representatives from the fields of architecture, industry, glass-processing trades and science will showcase the use of glass in their projects. Like the special show, the symposium will also focus on the future of the glass industry and will address a different theme on each day of the trade fair::
- September 20: Melting and Forming
- September 21: Glass Processing + Finishing using New Technologies + Industry 4.0
- September 22: Architecture + Digital Planning Processes
- September 23: Window + Façade
In addition to glass technology live and the accompanying symposium, glasstec 2016 will also offer the following special exhibits:
- The “Crafts Center” with the stand of the German Federal Association of the Glazier Trade (BIV) and the glass finishing arena in Hall 9, the activity area “Crafts LIVE”, the car glazing competition and the “glass art” exhibition“.
- Competence Center Glass + Façade” close to gtl in Hall 11.
The conference program at glasstec 2016 will consist of three target-group specific technical events:
- The new conference “Function meets Glass” will show the special processes and technologies for producing and finishing functional glass for smart, display, touch and solar applications already available on the market and illustrate which innovations will open up new fields of business in future (September 19 – 20 in CCD South). The scientific conference for structural glass engineering “engineered transparency” (September 20 – 21, in CCD South)
- The “International Architecture Congress” with visionary glass-architecture projects (September 22, in CCD /East).
A guided glass technology live tour conducted by the team of the Stuttgart University is included in the ticket price for all technical conferences.
For more information
Print this page
Leave a Reply