Fenestration Canada promoting window and balcony safety
December 8, 2011 By Jim Parker
Dec. 6, 2011 – The program Partners Promoting Window and Balcony Safety was started several years ago at the Win-door show in Toronto. The association's concern was kids falling out of windows and balconies. Fenestration Canada has worked with the EMS Chiefs of Canada and several window industry sponsors to develop the program that subsequently went national. The main thrust of the program is education, supervision, and safety devices. EMS groups use the program to educate kids.
- Most injury falls are from the first and second storeys and are kids aged two to five.
- Many people think screens will prevent kids from falling. Wrong. Screens are quite weak and are meant to keep bugs out, not kids in.
On our website:
- Demonstration movie: Educational, but may be a bit scary for little ones.
- Kids room: Some great activities for kids that can be downloaded.
- News room: Stories and facts on injuries.
- Safety do's and don'ts and FAQ
- Program sponsors
Partners Promoting Window and Balcony Safety
Print this page
Stories continue below
Leave a Reply