Little time is spent in a classroom in favor of spending the bulk of the time in the lab, looking at IG intentionally fabricated with known flaws and the many ways failures can occur. After demonstrating a small portion of the sessions at the recent GlassBuild America and AAMA Fall Conference, the event is swiftly approaching sell out again.
The Workshop will take place November 12-14th in Plano, Texas at the Intertek/ATI Laboratories. The eight stations covered in depth at the event are:
- Frost Testing- Participants will be instructed in how to take a frost point and have the opportunity to take a frost point on an IGU.
- Volatile Fog- How to visually inspect for volatile fog
- Gas Filling and Measurement- How to correctly use the GasGlass device plus introducing the iTig sensor for measurement of gas and humidity.
- Sealant Adhesion Test- How to safely break glass to conduct the test and proper gunning of PIB.
- Sealant Mix Test / Desiccant- How to properly mix and gun sealants safely.
- Glass Cutting & Washing- Demonstration of score quality, covering cutting wheel wear, cutting wheel angle and cutting wheel pressure, methods for testing desiccant drying capacity.
- Spacer and IG Fabrication- Looking at various spacers including well fabricated samples and samples with deliberate manufacturing issues.
- Forensic Investigations of Failures- Hands-on tool kit to determine failure modes starting from the basic visual inspection to destructive analysis of the unit.
IGMA/AAMA Member– $890 USD first attendee / $855 USD each attendee after
Non Member– $990 USD each attendee
For more information