CRL announces ‘header-free’ shower enclosures
CRL announces 'header-free' shower enclosures
C.R. Laurence Co. (CRL) has engineered a new system for installing safe “header-free” shower enclosures, using CRL’s engineered criteria and CRL Wall Mounting Brackets.
| The header-free shower enclosure from CRL.|
Nov. 23, 2009, Los Angeles, Ca. – C.R. Laurence Co. (CRL) has engineered a new system for installing safe “header-free” shower enclosures, using CRL’s engineered criteria and CRL Wall Mounting Brackets.
Brad Murphy, Brand Manager of the Shower Door Division at CRL, explains, “Today’s consumers love the look of an all-glass, frameless shower enclosure. Until now, installers and designers were reluctant to install a header-free enclosure without the addition of headers, support bars, or other stabilizing systems. To answer this dilemma, CRL has developed a set of criteria for installing a safe enclosure – without top support. We’ve also developed four different wall mounted brackets that are large and strong enough to keep a panel stable, when all criteria are followed.”
The CRL Header-Free Criteria include:
• Must use ½” (12 mm) tempered glass on fixed panel from which the door hinges.
• Fixed panel from which the door hinges can’t exceed 22” (559 mm) in width or 84” (2.13 m) in height
• Door can be either 3/8” (10 mm) or ½” (12 mm) tempered glass
• Door width must not exceed 30” (762 mm)
• Must use one type of the following brackets fastened to the vertical wall on the fixed panel from which the door hinges: CRL’s GE90S, P190S, R090S, or CA90S.
• The same number of Brackets will be used on the wall, as there are glass-to-glass hinges.
• Only a fixed panel fastened to a vertical wall can be used to hinge from. No hinging from a fixed panel fastened to another fixed panel.
• The fixed panel from which the door hinges must have valid bottom support (doesn’t have to be same as Bracket noted above).
Murphy concludes, “This set of criteria is in response to many inquiries from our customers who want to meet their customers’ needs, while still providing a safe shower enclosure. We can work with designers and installers using new methods, and the correct hardware, to turn wishes into reality.”
You can contact CRL at 800-421-6144.